There always an alpha dog

Posted: January 13, 2013 in Evolution, Self improvement
Tags: , , ,

There are a couple of points I would like to clear up when it come to the definition of ‘Alpha Male’ in the animal kingdom where you have a group of animals that work as a collective (usually hunting packs) you will always have an ‘Alpha’ the one in charge this could vary in gender usually dependent on the child rearing responsibilities common to that animal. But for all effective purposes  each animal would be a member of only one pack, and that pack’s ‘Alpha’ would change over time this would charge usually with the aging alpha being dethroned by a competitor.

Human are different for one reason, we exists in multiple packs during our life time.  Even during a single day you might have to function in multiple packs (work, family, past times…) these all function effectively as packs, where at one point you will have one alpha, appropriate to the situation.

Your ranking in each pack will vary.

Most Dating / PUA material has the concept of everyone becoming an Alpha male as if it’s a set of behaviors that once mastered you receive your Alpha male badge and all women are naturally attracted to you.

Alpha male badge

Then all the Alpha males can hang out together in a group and not bother talking to the Betas! Well that not really the way it works, when every you get a group together we naturally form a pecking order no matter how macho you are or how nerdy. Any group will have a alpha.

Take these made up examples:

Alpha business man

Alpha PUAs

Alpha Christmas

Alpha nerd

Alpha male chess club

So want a surefire way to become a Alpha male? Just join a group of people who are considerable more Beta than you.

Joking aside I hope this helps clear up what the definition of being a Alpha male is. It’s not all the chest puffing, faking confidence, aloof arsehole. It’s about being the person that the others look to for leadership, be it through competence, intelligence  respect or more often being the guy who has taken the role and put in the effort.

There is always, always an alpha dog, even in a pack of poodles.

About these ads
Comments
  1. EltaX says:

“It’s not all the chest puffing, faking confidence, aloof arsehole”

LOL. I think you just described Roissy

2. Franco Bolli says:

I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award.
    More info on http://francobolli666.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/liebster-blog-award/

3. Arina says:

Logic fail…not ALL women are attracted to alpha males. How many Dommes do you know that want an alpha male? Slim to none would be my guess. You shouldn’t use words such as “all”, “always”, “never”, “everyone”, etc. You would literally have to meet every single woman and every one of them say, “Yes, I am attracted to alpha males” for you statement to be true.

I am not necessarily attracted to a man BECAUSE he is an alpha male. I am attracted because he is an intellectual challenge or stimulation and can handle me. I am not the type of woman that even an alpha can handle with ease.

• Did I miss you out the survey, damn I’ll have to start the whole thing again. :mad:

Your right, blanket declarations are always going to have exceptions (that prove the rule). I’m probable going to still write like this since it save time and when I believe it account for the vast majority say over 95%, I don’t see that it affect the message much and it’s just convoluted to give lipservice to the outliers.

The BDSM community plays by slightly different rules, primarily because there is such vocalized demand for Dommes that women who are willing to adapt to this role can not only get a massively social status increase, but quite often paid (in gift if not just straight tributes).

Of the Dommes that I’m personally friends with I only know only one, who am I actually convinced would pick a sub over a Dom herself given the opportunity of someone actually up to the job. I do believe that women by nature are hypergamous, evolutionary speaking women have been the gatekeeper of whose genes get past on, getting the best, most successful has been a pretty important evolutionary tactic. Women who have selected the more submissive males for mates, are likely to produce offspring which aren’t going to be assertive enough to be successful.

From my experience in the scene, I have met at least 10 women who only identify as sub for every 1 who would call themselves a switch. And as for straight Dommes (that don’t have a professional identity) I know 1.

This go further as well look at the success of ’50 shades of grey’, or the majority of fantasy in ‘My secret garden’. Book sales alone seem to completely agree with massive imbalance.

I would like to know though in your personal experience what are the number like Domme/Sub?

This logic I find odd: “I am not necessarily attracted to a man BECAUSE he is an alpha male. I am attracted because he is an intellectual challenge or stimulation and can handle me. I am not the type of woman that even an alpha can handle with ease” You seem to be saying I’m not attracted to him because he has the status of the Alpha male, your attracted to him because he has the Alpha male traits.

So these trait are what causes him to be considered an alpha male are also the thing that drive your attraction for him. So your saying it correlation rather than causation?

4. I love me an alpha male … even if he does wear a red polo shirt and dons a bad moustache. :) The pictures are just priceless … and your blog is a treasure to find. Thanks for visiting me and in turn introducing me to yours.

5. CodeVeroby says:

On one hand it’s awesome that value is relative and you can be an alpha male very easily, on the other hand I think it’s sad because it means there will always be poverty in the world because the lower statues you are the less options you have in life.
    Awesome post though! really enjoyed it :)

6. ______ says:

• I disagree, the concept of Alpha, beta so on have been around long before pick up. They use it as part of the lexicon, because people understand what it means.

Also pick up artist in my opinion isn’t as bad as people tend to think it is. You see what at the core of it is ‘men trying to figure out what women are really attracted to and learning how to do / become that. To me that a win / win. Women get men, who are more attractive and men get women.

The problem with it is, it tramples on any concept of romance. Also that their are some clear losers, low value women who are looking for commitment. The men who buy all the crap magic pill fixes and don’t work on the underlining issues.

Pick up together with feminism are corroding traditional family / dating that our parents enjoyed.

• ______ says:

Most gamers seperate their developed persona from their non existent personality, their actions are not truly their own. Over time they learn how to best exploit broken and drunk women for sex, there is no self development there at all. It really is a sociopathic form of behavior

• Hmmm that difficult to say, the question comes down to how do you define ‘personality’ isn’t it just a bunch of tools we use to interact with the world around us?

So if they are learning these skills wouldn’t this be their personality? But I think I know what you mean, and this is the core of one of the problem with the whole PUA community.

It often teaches men how to fake being high value, so that they can get women into bed, the problem is women quickly wise up to this and people learning PUA stuff have real trouble maintaining relationships. They can create this fun spike of interest, but this has no longevity.

That kind of why I’m trying to write about alpha male concept. The concept that it’s actually better to be high value rather than just know how to appear that way.

A lot of PUA training is about the appearance and a lot of it is about self improvement. What PUA does do really well is look at the evidence, look at how women actually act rather than listening to what they are saying. It is based on a lot of solid evidence.

7. ScandinavianWomenAreNotLikeBread4real says:

“people learning PUA stuff have real trouble maintaining relationships. They can create this fun spike of interest, but this has no longevity. ”

Longevity is bad . Remember, in PUA world, 29 is old age (for women)

8. “all this talk about the alpha/beta/gamma dynamic as applied to homo sapiens goes back to being something sleazy pick-up artist guru types use to sell their ****ty books to gullible fools with
    ” This is right on point. You guys are more about this game bullshit than u are finding women. Eww its fucking repulsive. Read the shit, blog on it or whatever, get some, and stfu. That jargon shit pua, alpha, domme, is a path to no fucking where. Its like a fuckin cult.

• thebody@ says:

the dominant male wolves achieve this position not by being sexy badasses but simply by siring and taking responsibility for pups.