Sexual Market Value (SMV) is defined as the value a person has within the sexual marketplace. It has an effect much like any market place the higher your value the higher value partner you can demand.
The interesting thing is how this varies over time and gender.
So on this graph we are rating the SMV for men and women over their lifetime. 100 is the most in demand 0 is no demand at all.
Now all these stats vary, but it should be understood that woman sexual market place value is based on reproductive value and mens are on their survival traits.
So you have this case where women start off with a very high initial value, youth bumps their SMV to the highest it will ever be (minus major plastic surgery) then it stay generally high until they hit their 30′s where they have this cliff like drop off.
Men’s SMV is much more connected to thing like confidence, power, earning ability so on. So they start getting higher value as they get into their late 20′s.
Now this is where it gets interesting, i’m going to break it down.
I’m not breaking down the women’s side since it is so overwhelmingly connected to their looks, that it would be same curve just higher or lower on the graph depending on how attractive they are.
However the way men act in the world massively effects their SMV, so lets look at men broken down into Alpha Males and Beta Males.
So your SMV is the price you can demand in a partner. So as you can see here some common relationships:
- The average age of marriage is around 30, where the beta maless value and the female’s value start to come in line. At this point women’s options are shrinking and getting a guy to commit is important.
- Seeing a young girl hooking up with a alpha male twice her age.
- Seeing male sex symbols in his 50′s
- Tons of Beta Males in their early 20 having real problem getting a date
- Loads of women in their 30 confused where all the good men have gone.
Now we see a more realist view of the sexual market place. This visually explains a lot of things. For example:
1. Why women in their early 20 sleep around with a lot of Alpha males then reach their 30 and are shocked that the Alpha male of the same age of them have no desire to date them. Even the Beta males that they turn their nose up at 5 years ago seem very reluctant to make any real investment in a relationship with them.
2. Why women are much more interested in marriage or anything that shows a males commitment level. A women value drop steadily through their lives so a long term commitment benefits them considerable more than a man, who’s options and value does not plummet in such a dramatic manner.
3. Note the period of time that Alpha males value remains high, This means even though they are few in number they have a lot longer time to date women at the peak of the SMV.
4. It also explains why Women dating a older man, is such a usual thing, however a women dating a younger man garners such a high level of interest. Seeing a man actual commit to a woman more than 10 years older than him, is very rare and almost unheard of if the guy has any alpha trait at all.